The main function of the Georgian International Arbitration Centre is administering commercial arbitration disputes. However, besides case management, considering its Charter objectives, the GIAC is determined to develop and promote the alternative dispute resolution mechanisms in Georgia and whole region.
The Charter objectives of the GIAC are:
- To establish and develop independent and impartial alternative dispute settlement mechanisms in Georgia and in the entire Caucasus and Black Sea – Caspian region.
- To ensure the establishment of a flexible and professional arbitration institution locally as well as internationally (considering the best practices in the field acknowledged worldwide).
- Introduction of other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Establishment of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Training Center.
- Organization of conferences, workshops and invitation of foreign experts in the field of arbitration.
- Educational, scientific and translation activities in the field of arbitration and alternative dispute settlement.
- Performance of publishing activity with respect to alternative dispute settlement.
In order to fulfill its Charter objectives the GIAC is actively cooperating with organizations working in the field of alternative dispute resolution, both locally and worldwide.